Forums » Book Club

Interested in Rock and Roll/Rockabilly History?

This topic has been closed.
    March 13, 2011 1:33:26 PM PDT
    If you're under 55, chances are you will have no interest in Little Miss Dynamite:  The Life and Times of Brenda Lee.

Brenda Lee was the world's top female recording artist for several years in the late 50s and early 60s. The majority of her hit songs were recorded between the ages of 11 and 16 years of age. Unlike many entertainers, Brenda Lee was a millionaire at 16, invested her money well, had a relatively non-dramatic life,  and is alive and well and I'm guessing pretty rich, in Nashville. She recorded "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" at age 12. 

The book is largely written by her, and it's not particularly well done from a style perspective. However, she gives detailed insights into what it was like as a child star on the road and what the industry was like back then in Nashville, New York, and Los Angeles. Pretty fascinating stuff if you're a 60s music fan. If not, then pass. 
    • 538 posts
    March 14, 2011 2:43:27 PM PDT
    I remember her well.  I will have to get the book and read about her life.  Thanks for the info.