Forums » TV, Movies, Music, etc.

Armstrong & Getty question

This topic has been closed.
    • 4034 posts
    January 28, 2008 11:05:10 AM PST
    OK.  I've listened to Armstrong & Getty for years and used to watch them faithfully when they were on 58.  However, now that they're only on radio and my drive to work takes about 10 minutes, I haven't been listening except for during my time in the car.  Am I mistaken or is Jack Armstrong getting married?  I thought he already was married.  If I remember correctly, his wife worked in the medical community in Davis or something.  Is he marrying the woman he's been with all this time?  Did he get a divorce and meet someone new?  I could call the show, but hate to take up a line with just this question.
    • 280 posts
    January 28, 2008 11:19:25 AM PST
    I was wondering about that too!  I was thinking he got divorced and is getting re-married. 
    • 198 posts
    January 28, 2008 11:54:33 AM PST
    Momtwice,  my listening history is about the same as yours, I was wondering the same thing, until I did catch him say the other day,  in talking about the mayor of SF, that he got divorced and engaged about the same time..... good for Joe, who way saying this morning that Jack was getting congratulations wishes at a appearance this weekend, and Joe said "hey I have been married for almost 22 years, how about me".  So three cheers for Joe and his wife!   
    • 1184 posts
    January 28, 2008 12:01:46 PM PST
    Jack is getting married this summer I believe.  He and his first wife were divorced 2 or 3 years ago.  If you miss hearing them you can go to their website and stream their shows for free. 
    • 4034 posts
    January 28, 2008 12:09:09 PM PST
    I have to admit, if I had to choose one over the other, it would be Joe.  He's a cuddle bunny.  Jack is a little too intense for me.  Yay for Joe!  Wow.  He and his wife sure waited a while to have kids, eh?  I remember when Jack was going through something having to do with depression and possible anti-depressants, etc., but I never got to hear what happened there either as far as whether he actually took them.  Wonder if that was around the time of their problems starting.  It's weird.  It seems like just yesterday when I heard Jack talking about the co-employees from his wife's work that he and his wife would have over for dinner or whatever...please don't anyone tell me that was two years ago...time flies anyway at my age.  Thanks for the info...didn't know if I was going nuts or what.  Wonder if there was much discussion on air re his separation and divorce?  Something else that was weird was around New Years they said they would be back on January 7th and yet when I listened during the week (maybe on the 3rd?) Jack was on live and I know it wasn't a rerun because he was talking about current topics for that day. 
    • 1184 posts
    January 28, 2008 12:29:07 PM PST
    Jack said that he never did and never would discuss his divorce or his ex.  He didn't think it would be fair as he had a voice on the radio but she didn't and would not be able to tell her side or comment on his remarks.  Commendable.  He did say it was the most devastating and painful experience he had ever had (divorce).

He came back from vacation early so that he could add a few days to his summer vacation as that is when I think he is getting married.  He also said that he and his fiance want to have children as soon as possible.  It is the first time in years that he has sounded really happy.

• 4034 posts
    January 28, 2008 12:37:22 PM PST
    LadyMoon ~~ thanks for the info!  I know I can livestream them and have before.  Unfortunately, I'm in an office with high telephone volume so I can't often really "listen."  My husband bought me an ipod last Christmas which I have no idea what to do with (as far as downloading anything onto it) but that wouldn't do me any good either!  I would need an extra 20 hours during my weekend to listen to the shows...
    • 4034 posts
    January 28, 2008 12:38:24 PM PST
    Yay!  Children!  Then we won't have to suffer his constant references to "little Jack" any more!

• 4034 posts
    January 28, 2008 12:42:07 PM PST
    I can remember a time when he was late to work a lot or "sick" and it would just be Joe on the air.  It seemed to happen really frequently for a period of time and I remember thinking, "Geez.  If he was my employee...."  And I'm sure the excuses he had for being late were real, but I wonder if that was during that painful time.  Stress can do not very nice things to people physically and mentally.  I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THEM WANTING TO HAVE KIDS!!!!  *jumps up and down*  OK.  Back to work.  Thanks so much for your input!

February 1, 2008 3:21:37 PM PST
    Oh I love Joe and Jack.  I listen to them everyday on the computer at work.  They are the best.  I too am happy for Jack that he is getting married finally and going to have children (maybe).  I wish him the best.
    February 1, 2008 5:06:25 PM PST
    It's funny how those guys become part of the family.  We even have Jack and Joe Mii's on our Wii.  The kids know them, too.  I am going to miss them when we move away.
    • 4034 posts
    February 1, 2008 5:22:20 PM PST
    allforhim ~~  where are you going?  Are you moving permanently?  Hate to lose you.....
    • 184 posts
    February 2, 2008 12:32:44 PM PST

momtwice--I am SO GLAD that you asked this question!! I was wondering the same thing too.  There was a time when I worked and had about 20 minutes of listening time to and from work.

This was a couple of years ago, but then I became a stay at home mom and didn't listen to them. I just remember then, that he referred to his "wife" before, then all of a sudden I started listening again and kept hearing him say "fiance" and thought I lost my mind or something.  LOL

I love those guys! 

Thanks for asking and thank you for the answers everyone!