Forums » Elk Grove Community Discussion

Nuisance Complaint with EGPD?

This topic has been closed.
    • 1134 posts
    June 23, 2012 8:08:04 PM PDT

Okay call me stupid.... I have been all over the website and I cannot figure out how to file a nuisance complaint?   Can anyone assist me?

• 830 posts
    June 23, 2012 8:30:04 PM PDT
    See if this will help you...........

http://www.elkgrovecity.org/code-enforcement/index.asp
    • 1134 posts
    June 23, 2012 8:44:30 PM PDT
    Thanks PACSUN94 I got that far on the Elk Grove website. But I cannot find a link to file an online nuisance complaint? I clicked on everything on that page and it just takes me to nuisance ordinances. Thank you thou very much!!!!
    • 830 posts
    June 23, 2012 9:42:50 PM PDT
    One of these should work...
    http://www.elkgrovecity.org/code-enforcement/report-graffiti.asp

http://www.elkgrovecity.org/code-enforcement/report-form.asp
    June 24, 2012 6:55:32 AM PDT
    What is the complant? Can you call the non emergancy number and get the help?
    • 947 posts
    June 24, 2012 10:09:18 AM PDT
    Maybe that LOUD party last night near Laguna Park and Laguna Villa? Oh, wait-I don't think SNOZ lives near me.
    • 625 posts
    June 24, 2012 12:29:36 PM PDT
    It was really loud. Thing is, the DUI checkpoint was only streets away. Could they not hear it? I'm near Ehrhardt Elem. And I think Snoz does live this way...
    • 1134 posts
    June 24, 2012 9:33:27 PM PDT
    Emily I am on the other side of Laguna... so about two blocks over the other side. I did not hear about that party.. MRSSMUD yep, I am by Ehrhardt. I have mixed emotions about submitting a complaint???? It is a complicated issue and it is hard to explain in public. So we are going to give it about a week to decide. BUT THANK YOU! pacsun94 that link what the link I was looking for.
    • 116 posts
    June 25, 2012 7:49:30 AM PDT
    I heard it too - but they stopped at eleven, which was reasonable.
    • 947 posts
    June 25, 2012 10:17:06 AM PDT
    Snoz-only you can decide but I'm here to say that I finally filed a complaint and the Community Services officer dealt with it immediately.
    I suppose I'd rather hear a loud happy party than lots of other noises late at night! Thanks for the update, LadyKat.
    June 25, 2012 5:17:01 PM PDT
    Let me ask this of you EGOLers. And I ask not in sarcasim.
    If your nieghbor were going to have an ADULT only party with music and it was turned off by 11 pm and your nieghbor came and told you about the event (Date and time) would that be acceptable? An Evening party with Dinner then music (DJ) and dancing but with respect to the nieghbors and NO KIDS but adults 30-70. Would you work with that neighbor or call the police?
    June 25, 2012 5:18:20 PM PDT
    No RAP but old shool music jazz and Disco!
    • 1134 posts
    June 25, 2012 5:36:32 PM PDT
    Thank you everyone, I don't know how I missed it on the EGPD page... lol... For the record, my nuisance has nothing to do with the party last weekend.
    • 625 posts
    June 25, 2012 6:56:56 PM PDT
    LadyKat - this one truly went on until 2:00. Must have been the night for parties.
    • 1007 posts
    June 26, 2012 2:10:24 PM PDT
    We have a neighbor that has a birthday party with a outside D.J. every year, she usually sends out flyers notifying us and invites the whole neighborhood...I'm ok with this!
    • 23 posts
    June 26, 2012 2:48:24 PM PDT
    My question is why does this code enforcement complaint become public record? The reason some people call the police instead of trying to repeatedly personally dealing with it is because they fear for their family's safety.
    • 3185 posts
    June 27, 2012 10:18:54 AM PDT
    fionasdad2 said:
    We have a neighbor that has a birthday party with a outside D.J. every year, she usually sends out flyers notifying us and invites the whole neighborhood...I'm ok with this!

That's the spirit! If I am forewarned, and invited, I have a much better attitude. I usually invite my neighbors if I am going to have an outdoor party, like I did last Saturday. I also ask them to please let us know if we are getting too loud. We usually end by 10, but sometimes, like last week, we hang out around the firepit longer.

• 4034 posts
    July 1, 2012 11:41:55 AM PDT

I'm not a huge fan of the large outdoor parties in my neighborhood, mainly because if my 83 year old Mom doesn't get a good night's rest, she's a basket case the next day -- unstable on her feet, etc.  I have called the non-emergency line twice on two different neighbors when their stuff was going on past 11:00 -- once because of the yelling and screaming and loud vomiting going on and another time because of live music and hooting and hollering.  IMHO, if you're going to have 50 or more people over and a live band/DJ, then you should just rent a hall.  We have a pool and we raised 2 sons.  I never allowed them to have their friends out there past 10:00 because I know how sound carries.  I'm just trying to be considerate of neighbors who are as easily annoyed as I am.  hahaha

• 480 posts
    July 1, 2012 11:44:10 AM PDT
    A couple of years ago, my across-the-street neighbor invited about 45 of his closest friends and their Harleys to brunch before 9 on a Sunday morning. I don't believe I've spoken to him since.
    • 78 posts
    July 1, 2012 1:21:17 PM PDT
    I think momtwice summed it up as to how it should be. When did it become okay and acceptable to have DJs, outdoor dancing, and parties at your home until sometime late at night. I know many folks work 9-5 Mon.-Fri. but I'm one of those exceptions working shift work as a firefighter on weekends, weekdays, and holidays. People these days lack respect, decency, and common courtesy.