Forums » Book Club

Is there a way to share stuff on Kindle?

This topic has been closed.
    • 3328 posts
    April 9, 2012 5:57:05 PM PDT

My sisters and I all have Kindle's and prior to Kindle we would share books to each other.  Is there a way to do that with a Kindle? 

April 10, 2012 5:50:32 AM PDT
    Type into a search "can I share books on Kindle" and all kinds of info comes up, especially the one from Amazon and a "future" app for this.
    • 7 posts
    April 10, 2012 8:37:26 AM PDT
    I know you can share books on the Nook, I would try going on line to the Kindle site to see. Also I know you can get free books from the library to download onto your Kindle
    • 256 posts
    April 10, 2012 9:44:35 AM PDT
    So far what a friend and I have found is there are "some" books that are loanable to another Kindle User.....the loan is for two weeks......if you check your account of book, and you click over to the right on your amazon account, it should tell you if that book is loanable.....Hope that helps....
    • 585 posts
    April 10, 2012 10:41:03 AM PDT
    I was just about to say the same thing as JackieG12. some books are share-able and some are not. The donor has to share the book by clicking on share and entering the donee's email address. The donee then accepts the share. If you have any questions, you can contact me as my wife and I do this a lot.
    • 121 posts
    April 15, 2012 9:19:17 AM PDT
    The best way is to share a amazon account together. I know a lot of mother's and daughters or sisters do it you can have up to six on one account. The way that I have seen it done is that they go in 50/50 on a gift card.
    • 66 posts
    June 26, 2012 9:41:01 AM PDT
    Sometimes the publisher/author prohibits sharing of books on Kindle, you have to search into this before trying to upload on computer and send to another Kindle...