Forums » Book Club

Outlander Series-Diane Gabaldon

This topic has been closed.
    • 1383 posts
    October 23, 2011 12:23:20 PM PDT
    Has/is any reading these?   I am on the 4th book and have fallen in love with Jamie and Claire. 
    • 135 posts
    October 23, 2011 2:53:34 PM PDT
    I started reading the series a few months ago.  I'm on the 5th book, but unfortunately I left my e-reader at a friend's house in Nevada last weekend so I'm on hold right now.    Romance, history and time travel, how can you go wrong?  I really enjoy reading about Claire's medical ministrations in the 1770s.
    • 77 posts
    October 24, 2011 6:26:25 AM PDT
    Have read them all, Jamie is such a MAN! Eagerly await every time she adds another book to the series!
    • 492 posts
    October 24, 2011 11:21:23 AM PDT
    I have been eagerly awaiting the most recent book in the series and got it Costco for $4.99!  Enjoying it immensely - she makes everything seem so normal and realistic - even the time travel.  Is this  (An Echo In The Bonegoing to bethe last in the series?
    • 139 posts
    December 7, 2011 8:13:47 AM PST
    I love love LOVE this series!!! I started reading it in 1998 and always eagerly await a new book in the series! An Echo in the Bone is not the last in the series, Aking. She is writing the next one right now and I think it is due to be published some time in '12. She also writes a companion series about Lord John. Some are better than others, all well written, just filled with a little more military stuff than I can wrap my head around. But the newest one that was just published is called "Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner". Those of you who have read far enough in the Outlander series will know what that is all about. I am very excited.
    • 459 posts
    December 7, 2011 9:02:21 PM PST
    I have read and re-read this series several times. I just finished Scottish Prisioner and it was good since it didn't focus solely on Lord John and Jamie was in it throughout. I have since gotten severla family members and firends hooked on this series and like many others read her daily lines on FaceBook and her excerpts on her website. I can't wait for her next book in the series...so many cliffhangers in "Echo in the Bone"!!
    • 492 posts
    December 15, 2011 1:13:42 PM PST

Thank you for all the information Bookwormbean.  I was so excited to see Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner in hardback at Costco this past weekend but put it back because of it's $16.00 price tag.  I guess I'll see if I can get it at Almost Perfect Used Books or just wait for it to come out in paperback for less.

• 24 posts
    February 5, 2012 7:19:30 PM PST
    just found this post....best books in the world
    • 941 posts
    May 17, 2012 8:55:49 PM PDT
    I loved the series up until they moved to America and her grown daughter came with them.
    • 941 posts
    October 21, 2012 3:21:28 PM PDT
    Loved the first few, once they moved to America and it got so political, I lost interest.
    • 1288 posts
    December 10, 2012 7:56:01 AM PST
    I just read all seven books over the last several months and have fallen in love with the series. I think they have become my favorites. I even re-read the first book again. I borrowed the book for Kindle from the library and was surprised that there is a waiting list for a book that is 20 years old! In fact, all the books in the series have waiting lists to borrow them. I think that is a testament to how good the series is. Next year the eighth book is due out.

Last week, Diana Gabaldon released a new book that complements the series. I shorter book that covers the life of Roger MacKenzie's parents, and what actually happened to them. It is $1.99 on Amazon right now for Kindle. I just bought and plan to read it this week.

I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out next year.
    • 24 posts
    December 10, 2012 10:40:56 AM PST
    I agree I have been waiting for the next book to come out. Let me know how that short book is. I read all the Lord John books. Which also complements the series and did not love them. They were readable but did not sweep me away like the Outlander series did. I can't wait until the next book.